Benefits of Cotutelle/Joint PhD Programs
- Deepens and strengthens research collaborations and networks at an individual and institutional level.
- Fosters a higher level of cooperation between researchers in their respective fields through co-supervision.
- Provides access to new funding schemes and access to new international enrolments.
- Provides an opportunity to increase joint publications, citation rate and rankings.
- The candidate benefits (listed below) make the institution more attractive to potential candidates.
- Exposes candidates to different academic environments through joint enrolment and supervision.
- It enhances a candidate's training experiences and gives them access to the latest research equipment and technologies at two institutions.
- Provides candidates with international networking opportunities that will expand their future employment opportunities – whether through exposure to new academic institutions or new industries.
- Candidates are able to write one thesis that is examined at two universities.
- Candidates may have access to new funding schemes.
- Personal benefits of experiencing a new culture and environment. This obviously provides new personal experiences for the candidate but has the added effect of allowing them to further develop their soft skills.